We use cookies for statistical purposes.

  • UL. HOŻA 86, OFFICE 210, 214; 00-682 WARSZAWA
  • clients(at)lawyerspoland.eu
  • +48533393752 

Immigration Services in Poland

Immigrate to Poland Contact us

Persons moving to Poland can request the professional services provided by our immigration lawyers, who are specialized in various branches regulating this field. This is highly recommended, as the legal procedures through which a person can immigrate to Poland can vary based on the nationality of the citizen.

The Poland immigration law covers numerous aspects, regulating the procedures available for those who want to permanently relocate here, for those who want to work here for a given period of time or study in this country, but it also regulates the legal aspects through which a person can immigrate here when seeking for asylum. Considering that there are numerous steps involved in these procedures, as foreigners, it is best to be represented by our team of immigration lawyers in Poland. We can also advise on Polish citizenship.


    Check your eligibility now!


     Quick Facts  
      Entry visa requirement (from EU) 


    Entry visa requirement (outside EU)


    Types of visas available

     Travel, student, work visas
    Time frame for obtaining work visa (approx.) 

    10 – 12 weeks

    Validity of temporary residence permit 3 years
    Time frame for obtaining permanent residence (approx.)

    5 years

    Investor Visa Availability (YES/NO)


    Sponsorship requirement (YES/NO) No
    Time frame for obtaining citizenship  2 years based on permanent residence permit, 3 years based on marriage
    Citizenship/Residency by investment scheme availability (YES/NO)  No dedicated program (investor visa availability)
    Tax benefits for expats Special tax exemption of up to 8,000 PLN for income obtained in Poland.
     Support in obtaining work permit (YES/NO)  Yes, our immigration lawyers can help employers and employees with the necessary formalities

     Assistance in applying for temporary residency (YES/NO)

     Yes, we can assist in obtaining temporary residency through various means

     Visa renewal services (YES/NO)

     YES, our Polish lawyers are at your service with visa renewal solutions

     Permanent residence-related services  We can assist in obtaining permanent residence in Poland
     Support in gaining citizenship (YES/NO)

     We can help you apply for Polish citizenship by descent, naturalization, marriage

     Assistance in registration with the local authorities

     Yes, we can help you register with the Polish authorities

     Legalization services (YES/NO)

     We can help with translation and legalization services in Poland

     Support in applying for EU Blue Cards (YES/NO)

     Yes, our lawyers can assist in employment-related matters, such as EU Blue Cards and employee relocation

     Assistance in family reunion matters

     Our law firm can assist Polish residents who want to reunite with their families

     Other services

    –  Support in applying for digital nomad visas;

    – expat support;

    – assistance in applying for asylum in Poland

     Advantages of working with a law firm

    – Quick and reliable services;

    – updated information;

    – variety of services;

    – tailored immigration services based on the country of origin/residence. 

    What are the basic immigration services available in Poland?

    Our team of immigration lawyers in Poland is prepared to provide legal assistance and legal representation to natural persons relocating here for various purposes, to their families, to foreign businessmen who want to start a business activity in this country, or to local companies interested in hiring foreign employees. Some of the basic immigration services we can provide are presented below:

    • obtaining a work permit for persons who are citizens outside the EU and for other categories of persons;
    • applying for a residence permit – it can be issued for employment purposes or for family reunification purposes and it is available for both EU and non-EU citizens;
    • applying for visas and assisting persons with legal advice on the embassy procedures;
    • legal assistance in registering with the local authorities, which is required for all foreigners working and living here;
    • assisting in obtaining various documents and the legalization of such documents as per the Polish law.

    If you want to immigrate and apply for a residence permit in Poland, our team of immigration lawyers is ready to assist you.

    Poland is an economically developed nation that provides several advantages, such as high salaries, affordable housing, and cheap taxes. It is the ideal spot to reside in terms of economical living conditions and is also in the EU. These are just some of the reasons many foreigners living here decide to apply for Polish citizenship.

    How can we assist you in obtaining a residence permit in Poland?

    Poland, a country that is a member of the European Union, offers numerous opportunities for people who are not Polish nationals to obtain residency. The process of obtaining residency in Poland relies on your particular circumstances, and specific requirements must be met. You can rely on our local specialists for support in applying for this type of permit.

    One of the most requested documents for Poland immigration is the residence permit, which represents a type of document that provides the right to reside in this country as a foreigner. In order to obtain this document, the applicant has to prepare several papers that will be processed by the local authorities in a given period of time (the process can last several months).

    Our immigration lawyer in Poland can offer information on the types of documents you should prepare in this case. Our team can guide you through the registration steps and can also assist you in other legal matters related to the residence permit. For example, our lawyers can assist with legal advice on the procedures one must follow upon the expiration of the document or when the person needs to make various changes on his or her residence permit (such as the modification of the address).

    We can also advise on the formalities one should meet with the local authorities based on the nationality of the applicant (which are divided between EU and non-EU citizens) and we can represent our clients in obtaining a residence permit for the family members of those relocating and applying for Polish citizenship.

    Here is an infographic on our services:

    Immigrating to Poland from EU countries

    In the past few years, the number of citizens of European Union countries has increased as a consequence of many companies setting up operations in Poland. Thanks to this expansion, the demand for more workers has also risen which has determined many citizens of neighboring countries to relocate here.

    For those who have obtained employment offers from Polish companies, our lawyers can provide tailored assistance if they have decided to act upon these new job offers.

    Our immigration lawyers in Poland can check employment offers and give the necessary support to those who start the relocation procedures. We can advise on the requirements they need to meet when signing the work contract and even the tenancy or rental agreement upon finding a suitable place to stay. Then, we can help them register with the local authorities once they enter the country.

    As many EU citizens already know, immigrating to Poland from another member state is simple and easy and it implies minimum requirements for relocation, however, the assistance of a lawyer can prove very helpful in speeding up the process and moving here to the earliest convenience of the employer and employee.

    We can also provide legal advice on Employment Law regulations when it comes to hiring foreign workers in accordance with the agreements signed by Poland in this sense.

    Legal advice on immigration to Poland from non-EU countries

    For citizens of non-EU citizens who want to move to Poland, the procedures are not complicated, however, they imply a few additional steps, among which obtaining a suitable visa is one of the most important.

    With the help of our immigration law firm in Poland, one can obtain any type of visa, however, relocation through employment is among the most popular and most used by non-EU citizens. Each visa comes with its own requirements which can be detailed by our lawyers.

    How to decide on a type of visa for Poland

    Choosing an appropriate type of visa when moving to a foreign country is crucial given the fact that simple relocation is an important choice in a person’s life. This is why it is important to ask for the help available.

    With the help of our immigration lawyer in Poland, visa applicants can rely on professional services and tailored advice based on the following considerations:

    • the qualifications of the applicant will be carefully analyzed by our lawyers in order to offer good advice and a chance to move here as easy as possible,
    • the preparation of the immigration documents for a quick procedure will also be of utmost importance for our lawyers,
    • legal advice after moving here is also among the services provided by our specialists, as specific procedures need to be completed,
    • verifications of companies for those who receive employment offers are also available,
    • residence permit renewal services are also available with our law firm.

    We are at the service of every category of immigrants who finds Poland an attractive country to move to.

    Even if this is not one of the largest countries in Europe, Poland is also suitable for those who want to set up businesses here, and from an immigration point of view, our lawyers are at the service of those interested in exploring this option.

    Obtain a Polish visa with the help of our immigration lawyers in Poland

    The law in Poland provides the possibility of applying for a visa as a foreigner arriving from specific countries. EU citizens do not need to apply for any of the visas prescribed by the national laws, but citizens outside the EU should first verify if they must apply for a visa or if they qualify for an exemption (the citizens of several countries outside the EU benefit from the right of arriving here for specific purposes without the need of applying for a visa, given the agreements signed by the Polish authorities with their respective partners).

    Currently, Poland provides three main categories of visas: the A-type visa (a visa specially designed only for airport transit), the C-type visa (known as the Schengen visa), and the D-type visa (the national visa). The A-type visa can be used only for the purpose of transiting the Polish national territory when arriving in this country during an airport transit. In other words, the foreigner must have this document when traveling to another destination and, during his or her journey, the person must stop here for another flight connection.

    The A-type visa cannot be used for moving to Poland and it is a restrictive type of visa, as it only allows the foreigner to stay in one of the Polish airports where the flight connection is booked. This document is required only for certain categories of foreigners, presented in Annex IV of the Community Code of Visas; you may request more information on this type of document from our immigration lawyer in Poland.

    In case you intend to immigrate to Poland, you should know that the Schengen visa (the C-type) is available as two basic documents: the Uniform Schengen visa, which grants the right of visiting all the Schengen member states, and the Schengen visa with limited territorial validity, which is issued for specific Schengen states or for only one Schengen state. Regardless of the number of countries the foreigner wants to visit, it must be noted that the visa can be issued for a maximum period of 90 days in a total 180 days period.

    The D-type visa can be used as a way of moving and obtaining a residence permit in Poland for a definite period, as this document is issued only for stays that are longer than 90 days. However, its validity cannot be longer than one year, but the applicant has the right of applying for an extension of the visa for an additional year. This can be done as long as the initial purpose of stay is maintained. The legislation which provides the legal framework for this type of visa is given by the EU Regulation No 265/2010.

    Who can obtain the EU Blue Card in Poland?

    The EU Blue Card is a legal document that offers the opportunity of accessing the employment market in all the EU member states, Poland included. This document is designed only for employment purposes and it can be used as a way of moving to Poland in the case of foreigners who are citizens of countries outside the EU.

    Persons who are interested in working in Poland, which is now one of the top EU markets where foreigners prefer to find a job opportunity, should be aware that this document can be obtained only by persons who have a higher professional qualification. Foreign applicants can have multiple benefits, including the right of bringing here their close family members. If you want to immigrate and apply for a residence permit in Poland with the purpose of working in this country you should know more details about the EU Blue Card. Some of the basic characteristics of the EU Blue Card issued in Poland are the following:

    • the minimum salary that can be offered to EU Blue Card holders in Poland was increased starting with 11th February 2019;
    • the minimum salary a Polish employer must give to an EU Blue Card holder is of PLN 6,877.55;
    • this accounts for an increase of 7,3% compared to the previous financial quarter;
    • the obligation to pay this minimum salary to a EU Blue Card holder is applicable only in the case of persons who have applied for this document starting with 11th of February 2019 or after this date, but also in the case of persons who had pending applications at that moment;
    • it must be noted that the salary threshold for the EU Blue Card accounts for 150% of the average national salary, so it can represent an important incentive for foreigners moving to Poland.

    The Poland immigration rules that apply to the EU Blue Card stipulate that the foreigner can obtain this document as long as he or she is the holder of a university diploma. The person can have a bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree or, if these conditions are not satisfied, then he or she must have been working for at least five years in his or her respective field when seeking employment in Poland. Please mind that the right of moving to Poland for employment purposes in this case is bound by having a real employment offer from a Polish employer or an employment contract.

    When is it the case to request immigration assistance?

    Many foreign citizens who want or plan to immigrate wonder if they should ask for advice from a specialist. The simplest answer is that from an immigration lawyer in Poland, all the information one will receive will be verified and accurate, not to mention that it will be updated and tailored to the specific questions of a visa seeker.

    Then, when the immigration procedure begins, having a contact point in Poland will be crucial for quick relocation. Also, the information on when is the best time to apply for a visa will be very helpful for those who want to move to Poland as soon as possible, no matter the type of residence permit sought.

    Our lawyers will also provide useful details on how to find a suitable property to rent and the legal aspects one needs to consider on a real estate market he or she is not accustomed to.

    It is safe to say that it is never too early or too late to ask for assistance when it comes to moving to a foreign country, and for those who decide for Poland, our immigration lawyers can provide the necessary advice and assistance before, during, and after the relocation procedure.

    Also, those who need help in applying for citizenship in Poland can rely on the services provided by our lawyers who will explain how to prepare for the interview with the local authorities. Here is also a video on our services:

    What is the data on the number of foreigners living in Poland?

    The Poland migration data is measured by the Polish Statistics Office and it takes into account, of course, only the persons who have obtained valid immigration documents for the purpose of living and working into this country. Although numerous nationalities can be found here, the highest rates of foreigners are from the following countries: Ukraine, the United Kingdom and Germany. With regards to the number of foreigners, the following data is available:

    • at the level of 2010, there were 97,080 foreign citizens living here, out of which 28,450 were from Ukraine;
    • in 2012, the number of foreigners increased at 111,971, out of which 34,303 were represented by Ukrainian citizens;
    • in 2014, the immigration rate further increased, reaching a total of 175,066 foreign persons;
    • in 2014, the number of Ukrainian citizens living in Poland increased at 40,979;
    • in 2015, the country accounted for more than 200,000 foreigners (211, 869);
    • in 2016, the total number of foreigners increased at 266,218, while the number of Ukrainian citizens increased as well, reaching 103,457.

    Those who are interested in moving to Poland should be aware of the fact that the local institutions charge various fees for the issuance of specific immigration documents. The government fees can range from less than EUR 25 for work permits to EUR 100 for residence permits. Please contact our immigration lawyer in Poland for advice on the procedures applicable for the immigration document you are interested in. We can also help you apply for Polish citizenship.