We use cookies for statistical purposes.

  • UL. HOŻA 86, OFFICE 210, 214; 00-682 WARSZAWA
  • clients(at)lawyerspoland.eu
  • +48533393752 
Our Articles

Move to Poland from India

Move to Poland from India

The number of Asian citizens moving to Europe is increasing, and Poland is one of their favorite countries. Out of them, Indians are the largest by percentage. In order to enter the country, they need to secure visas followed by residence permits.

If you are an Indian citizen and are attracted by the idea of moving to Poland, this article is for you. In it, you will find useful information on how to relocate here. You can rely on our Polish immigration lawyers for support in obtaining a residence permit.

The D visa for Indian citizens

As no-EU nationals, persons who move to Poland from India must apply for entry followed by the D or national visa. This is a temporary residence permit that enables them to stay in the country for more than 3 months.

It is worth noting that the D visa is issued alongside:

  • a student residence card;
  • a work permit;
  • a temporary residence permit.

The standard procedure implies filing the documents for the D visa prior to coming to Poland. In the meantime, you can rely on our immigration lawyers to find out more about the long-term residence permits for Poland and how to obtain them.

While your stay in the country based on a D visa, you can also file for temporary residency.

Employment, one of the most common ways to move to Poland from India

The shortage of workforce at EU level determines Polish companies to seek alternatives outside the country, which is why most Indian citizens immigrate here based on employment. From this point of view, here are the main options:

  • the type A employment permit that enables them to work for local companies;
  • the type B work visa that is issued for business reasons and managerial positions;
  • the type C work card which is a 30-day validity type of visa and enables the holder to work for a foreign company with or without a permanent seat in Poland;
  • the type D permit which is issued for foreigners acting as delegates on behalf of a non-Polish enterprise;
  • the type  E visa that enables its holder to work in Poland for a period of 3 to 6 months for a non-resident employer.

Apart from these, starting in 2018, Poland also introduced the seasonal work permit, known as the type S residence card.

It is also possible to move to Poland from India as a freelancer or digital nomad, which is often preferred by those who like to travel from one place to another.

Which such a variety of work permits, no wonder that most people choose to relocate to India from Poland for employment reasons. If you have any questions about them, feel free to address our immigration specialists who can also help you obtain Polish citizenship.

Access to permanent residency in Poland

First and foremost, it is important to note that the minimum stay in the country to obtain permanent residency is 5 years based on the national D visa, no matter if it has been obtained through employment, business, or any other means.

If you decide to move to Poland from India, you can benefit from the support of our immigration law firm in Warsaw which is at your disposal with complete relocation services.

Record number of work/residence permits issued by Poland

According to recent data, there are more than 20,000 Indian citizens already living in Poland. This occurs because this EU country has issued an impressive number of work permits in the past few years. According to news:

  • in 2021, it issued 967,345 residence permits;
  • this number represents 1/3 of the total number of visas issued across the EU;
  • by number of population, these represented 25.6 visas per 1,000 inhabitants;
  • right behind it was Spain with 371,778 visas.

If you want to move to Poland from India and need assistance, please contact us!