At the level of 2021, there were around 13,300 immigrants living in Poland. The good living conditions and lower living costs compared to neighboring countries, made many of those living here try and reunite with their families, thus making the spouse visa in Poland one of the most sought permits.
If you already live in Poland and want to apply for a dependent visa for a spouse, you can rely on our specialists. Our immigration lawyers in Poland are at your service if you want to reunite with your family here.
Table of Contents
Who qualifies for a spouse visa in Poland?
Foreign citizens who live in Poland based on temporary or permanent residence permits can bring their family members to join them. There is no special Polish spouse visa, as the applicant can file for bringing minor children and parents under the same conditions.
If you decide to reunite with your spouse in Poland, our immigration law firm can help you. It should also be noted that the Polish spouse visa requirements apply to citizens from non-EU/EEA countries.
Poland – spouse visa requirements
One of the most important aspects to consider is that in Poland, applying for a dependent visa for spouse, will attract a temporary residence permit for your partner if the marriage is completed under Polish law. This does not mean that the marriage must have taken place in this country, but that it can be recognized here.
Another thing to be noted is that the Polish resident must also meet certain requirements in order to apply for a spouse visa.
Here are the main requirements for the spouse living here to apply for a spouse visa in Poland:
- he or she must have lived in Poland for at least 2 years based on a temporary residence permit;
- he or she must have lived in Poland based on an EU residence permit;
- he or she must have lived here as a refugee, which is also the case for Ukrainian citizens who can apply for a spouse visa in Poland.
With respect to the type of residence permit, this could have been granted for various reasons, including for research activities, for working in various sectors, or even for intra-company transfers.
Should you decide to move to Poland and need support in bringing family members here, you can rely on our specialists.
Our lawyers can also help you apply for Polish citizenship through various means. If you decide to move here and want to stay on long-term, only then citizenship becomes an option. The same goes for people who want to come and go in and out of the country, so feel free to contact us about the eligibility conditions.
What documents should one file to obtain a spouse visa in Poland?
Immigrating to Poland will imply preparing the following documents as part of the spouse visa requirements:
- documents attesting to the applicant’s residence in Poland, such as a lease, a loan agreement, or title deed over a property here;
- evidence of relationship (the marriage certificate that must be translated into Polish and apostilled if the marriage was registered in another country);
- the applicant’s residence permit and the foreign spouse’s valid passport;
- proof of being able to support the foreign spouse once he/she arrives in Poland.
If the non-resident spouse has already entered Poland and has a temporary residence permit or a visa, proof of living together may be filed as proof for him/her to become a permanent resident here.
We are at your disposal with various immigration services in Poland, including applying for a dependent visa for a spouse.
We are also at your service if you want to apply for Polish permanent residency. Naturalization is the safest way to achieve it, however, it implies longer waiting times. If you want to secure a residence permit, contact us for tailored guidance and support in moving here indefinitely alone or with your family.
Foreign citizens living in Poland
Even if the number of immigrants has registered a 27% decrease in 2021 compared to 2020 (due to the pandemic), Poland has registered an important influx of foreigners entering and settling here, according to recent studies. According to data:
- starting with 2017, when 13,300 immigrants entered Poland, their number kept increasing;
- in 2018, 15,500 foreigners came to Poland;
- 2019 was the year with the highest number of immigrants, 16,900.
If you want to apply for a spouse visa in Poland and need assistance, do not hesitate to contact our immigration lawyers.